Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Papertrey Ink Anniversary Day #8 - Watercolors!



FEB12PTI-1



    Hello! Today I am back again with a set of cards I created using a watercoloring technique, which is what Nicole challenged us to create for  today's Papertrey Ink Anniversary Day #8 Challenge! I am in LOVE with this technique, and I hope you will try it once you see just how easy it is! 


FEB12PTI-3



1.  Find a wide piece of lace. The larger the eyelet holes the better.
2. Attach the lace to your card base (I used PTI Stampers Select white) as tight as you can by taping it to the back of your card base.  
3.  Using a clear sealant spray, give the lace a nice solid go-ver. It doesn't take long to dry, and when it does remove your lace. (I used the same piece on all 3 of my cards. )
4. Spray the card liberally with the water based spray mist of your choice. I used Tattered Angels. Wipe away the excess mist and set aside to dry.  
I repeated the same process for the next 2 cards.
5. Allow to dry for an hour or so.




FEB12PTI-2
                         

     Finally add your sentiment, my sentiments are from the PTI set "Beautiful Butterflies". I added machine stitching, and ribbon, and a button to each card. I. Love. These. Cards!! 

   Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!



5 comments:

Shay said...

What a great technique and truly pretty cards! The colors you chose are so happy and the finishing touches are a delight. I will also soon be a new follower.

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful card set!! Love the delicious water-coloring! You are great with the instructions as you make it look so easy :)

Annette Allen said...

wow those colors are gorgeous...i must get some of that pretty card-stock... Lovely cards..

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh gosh, love them in all the colors! Great cards Ronnie!! Congratulations on the arrival of your niece:-)

Rose A said...

Wow wow wow!! What a beautiful set and great technique!!